Friday, January 7, 2011

How to Perfect Chocolate Fudge

Chocolate Fudge has always been my favorite candy. It is a very rich candy though, so I always limited myself to only make at Christmas time. For years I looked for the perfect recipe for dark chocolate. I have many different recipes that were really good, but not "perfect." I had three main requirements for a recipe for Chocolate Fudge:

Easy. It must be a simple recipe. I do not make candy often remembered for the complexity of dealingcandy thermometer>, the hard ball, soft ball, let alone remember millisecond in time to jump directly to this and do something with the candy.
Taste. Of course, you should play as delicious, but my perfect creamy chocolate fudge that-your-mouth. I did a lot of recipes, fudge turned out grainy for me. I'm sure I made a mistake along the way, but would not have to worry about, dass
Availability of ingredients. The perfect recipe to use FudgeBuy the ingredients easily available at any grocery store. In the past I had a creamy dark chocolate with marshmallows in the recipe. Many times I had to buy from store to visit him, as if it were sold at Christmas time.

Finally, about 20 years ago a friend of mine gave me some fudge she had made for Christmas. EUREKA! This was the fudge I had my life to search for all! What is even better than my friend did not notify the other hand, theirRecipe, and since then I have made several batches of this fudge every Christmas, and was always perfect.

The Perfect Chocolate Fudge Recipe


Follow these instructions and you'll creamy chocolate and delicious every time.

This recipe makes 5 pounds of fudge, if you do not make it without nuts, then it is 4 pounds.

Ingredients needed:

20 oz Hershey's milk chocolate bars - I buy the big ones that are alwaysChristmas time, but any size will do in advance, so make sure that adds up to 20 ounces If you like darker fudge, substitute some or all of the 20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate.

1 cup butter (margarine is not!), Soft at room temperature. Even a little 'extra butter for your pans.

1-12 g packet of dark chocolate flakes. Use a good brand such as Nestle, Hershey's, or Ghiradelli. If you prefer lighter fudge, use milk chocolate chips.

4 cupsgranulated sugar.

1 and 2 / 3 cup evaporated milk

2 1 / 2 cups mini marshmallows

2 teaspoons vanilla, the real stuff

NUTS 1 pound, chopped

In its stainless steel bowl large, break candy bars of chocolate milk and butter in small pieces. Pour in chocolate chips and set aside.

Grease your pans with butter. You need two 9x13-inch cake pans, pots but you can use smaller or larger, depending on what you haveavailable, and how thick it poses. We recommend some extra smaller pans to have ready in case.

In a large saucepan or pot, combine sugar, evaporated milk and mini marshmallows. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Tip: Do not scrape sides of the plate when it mixes tends to make candy taste grainy.

Cook on a slow but steady boil for 7 minutes, stirring. You can see some brown bits in a circle as a cook.This is normal. Remove from heat, pour over the butter and chocolate in the cup.

With a wooden spoon, stir until melted and well blended. Continue to stir until candy loses some of its luster. (The glory should go to a sleek, polished to a matte finish). Stir in vanilla and nuts, if desired .* Pour butter into pan. Cool completely before cutting, cut to pieces. With a knife dipped in hot water for cutting.

* If you do not want nuts in your fudge, this is where you left themout. You can use a pot without Fudge dice wants first then mix the vanilla, then pour as you want without the nuts in a pan, then add the remaining walnuts Fudge. It is therefore necessary to adjust the amount of nuts. For example, if you make half of your fudge without nuts and half with, and contained only 8 grams of dried fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment